Fresh Funds is an Instacart program that allows providers to fund category-specific stipends, like fresh and frozen produce. Fresh Funds recipients can redeem via a digital code and shop for eligible categories on Instacart.
Nonprofits, healthcare providers, insurers, and employers can use Instacart Fresh Funds to bring existing food prescription and nutrition incentive programs online or launch easily scalable health programs.
Using Fresh Funds
Set up your Fresh Funds—
- Open the email you received from your provider.
- Click the link in the email. This will take you to a Fresh Funds landing page.
- Your unique digital code should auto-populate in the form field. If not, manually enter your code where it says to Enter Fresh Funds code.
- Select Redeem with Instacart.
- Log into your Instacart account or create an account. Creating an account is free and only takes a few minutes.
Once redeemed, Select Fresh Funds at checkout to apply Fresh Funds to eligible items. You can find the amount applied at the bottom of the checkout screen.
Ineligible items and fees will be charged to your backup payment method. You must add a credit or debit card at checkout to use your Fresh Funds, even if the Fresh Funds fully cover your total purchase amount. Your credit or debit card will be used as a backup payment method in the event post-checkout changes cause your total to exceed your available Fresh Funds. Go to Updating your payment methods for more information on adding, removing, or updating your payment method. There are no additional charges to use Fresh Funds.
Check your balance—
On the website
- Go to Instacart.com
- Click the 3 horizontal lines in the top left-hand corner
- Click Add promo or gift card
- Check your balance under Fresh Funds
In the app
- Tap the 3 horizontal lines in the top left-hand corner
- Tap Track credits and promos
- Check your balance under Fresh Funds
Fresh Funds expire. Please review your organization’s Fresh Funds terms for more information.
Each benefits provider determines Fresh Funds eligibility. Your Fresh Funds cover the preselected food categories, like fresh and frozen produce, plus any fees and/or tips selected by your benefit provider.
Orders with non-Fresh Fund-eligible items and orders that exceed the designated Fresh Funds amount can be purchased with an alternate form of payment. You can add other payment methods, like a gift card, credit card, or debit card, at checkout.
Leaving a Fresh Funds program
Once you leave a Fresh Funds program, you’re permanently separated from the program. You lose access to Fresh Funds credits and other program benefits, including any unused credits in your account.
Trying to turn off promotional emails? Here’s how.
How to leave Fresh Funds
- You must complete any active order(s) before requesting to leave a Fresh Funds program.
- When you’re ready to leave the Fresh Funds program, contact Instacart Customer Experience by selecting the Get help button below. They’ll need the name of your sponsor, your Fresh Funds code, and your email address to process the request.
- Requests typically process within 30 business days.
Instacart stops sharing order information with your Fresh Funds partner after processing your request.
Instacart places a temporary authorization hold on your credit or debit card to account for potential changes to the final total. Authorization hold amounts vary, but are typically calculated as the total value of any ineligible amounts or amounts exceeding your Fresh Funds balance, plus about 15% of the order total. The hold accounts for potential changes in the final total due to added items, items replaced at a different price, and the actual weight of items. You can see the amount of the authorization hold below your order totals at checkout, prior to placing your order.
The hold is released after your order is delivered or canceled. It can then take up to 7 days for the pending charge to drop, depending on your bank.
We will only charge you for the total of the items delivered to you, plus any fees, taxes, and tips. For more information on authorization holds, click here.
Need help with your code?
If your code is invalid, that means the code was already redeemed or deactivated. Please reach out to your benefit provider with your Instacart account email, Fresh Funds code, and a description of the problem for help.